Our Building Survey Services
Provided by Chartered Building Surveyors.
Party Wall Matters - (Building Close to/on a Boundary)
You are affected by Party Wall Legislation if building work is carried out within 3 metres of your property boundary, whether this work is carried out by you or your neighbour.
Our Surveyors can act for either side, provide Condition Reports and negotiate the settlement of the Party Wall Award.
Note: If your neighbour does the building work, you can often hire a Party Wall Surveyor at their expense. The procedure is tightly regulated and subject to formal notices. Please take advice of our Chartered Building Surveyors if you want more information. Contact Us
Building Defect Surveys and Analysis
Defects in your house can be of great concern. Particularly if it is the basis of a dispute with a contractor. Our Surveyors will inspect the problem and prepare a clear, concise report. Often the initial survey can solve the problem. If not, our surveyors will advise you on what to do next. Contact Us
Building Specification, Supervision and Refurbishment
For building, repair and maintenance work our Surveyors can carry out the initial survey / Condition Report, prepare the Specification, obtain Planning, Building Regulations and Listed Building Consents; appoint contractors and oversee the work to completion. This ensures the work is done on time, on price and to a competent standard.
Please phone us to discuss your requirements with one of our surveyors. Contact Us
Schedules of Condition and Dilapidation
These are often ignored, but should be essential, particularly by tenants taking a full repairing and insuring lease. Our surveyors will prepare detailed Schedules for Landlords or Tenants. To discuss your requirements please contact one of our surveyors. Contact Us
Back to the top
1. We are an independent Partnership, owned and staffed by people living and working in the community.
2. All our Surveyors are qualified members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
3. This includes Chartered Building Surveyors and General Practice Surveyors.
4. The RICS imposes a strict Code of Conduct and method of working and insists we have comprehensive Professional Indemnity Insurance.
5. We comply with the latest International Quality standards (ISO9001:2000), this includes client service and internal organisation.
6. Our Surveyors offer a prompt professional and personal service.
James Aldridge, Chartered Surveyors, with offices in Bury St Edmund's, Chelmsford, Clacton-on-Sea, Colchester, Great Yarmouth, Ipswich, Lowestoft and Norwich.